Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Granny Squares!

Okay I broke down tonight and attempted to do Granny Squares. Videos and two patterns later I realized I wasn't getting it. (Did I mention I don't really read patterns!).

So leave it to me to turn a goofed up work into something totally new. Introducing Granny's Sun.




Now I will share the pattern for you - BUT you cannot sell it. This is my screw up and if you want to do it you can.


Row 1 chain 5, slipstich.


Row 2 Chain 3, double chain three in the circle. Chain 3, double chain three in the circle. Chain 3, double chain three in the circle. Chain 3, double chain three in the circle. Slipstich.


Now it should look like the beginning of a granny square.

At this point chain three in the first loop, add a chain, chain three. Repeat all around. Say forget traditional crosses and do a sun! Hehee.


Okay seriously though that is basically how it is done. Maybe there is some site out there with a real professional pattern but that is how I did it.




And made this Granny Square.






Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I bet you think I'm stalking you now.. *lol*

I got a really good idéa when I saw your Granny's Sun(well, at least I think it's good): You could sew a button on one of your hats and button on the Granny's Sun(through the hole in the middle, so make sure the button actually fits the hole first). And then you have a Granny's Sun-flower to decorate your hat(or babyblankets or whatever you want to decorate)

See! That's all it takes to make a screw up into something useful and beautiful ;)