Friday, January 25, 2008

First ever post

Well let me start with the introduction and get it out of the way. :)

I am a full-time stay at home mom. I have a relative who is battling cancer and to help with the stress I took up crocheting again. I cannot read a pattern - and seem to be rather inventive with stitches. BUT to me it is all about the journey and the finished product.

I recently made the jump from blankets to hats - all because I wanted to do chemo caps for my relative. This has been very helpful to me because as I get better and better I realized that this is my opportunity to make a difference. I do plan on making matching caps for my family as a sign of unity - as well as working on making more caps to donate to cancer facilities.

Dealing with cancer in a loved one is never easy. This is not my first loved one with cancer - but it is the closest to home so to speak. I know that finding coping mechanisms is never easy - but for me crochet has become a positive one. It is hard to really focus on being overwhelmed when you are counting stitches!

I am a member of the Ravelry community. If you knit or crochet then the place you want to be is on RAVELRY! www.Ravelry.com

No comments: