Friday, August 22, 2008

C'est Fini. . .

Well I finally said "frog it"* and tore out a bunch of the blanket. . . I just wish I could figure out where I go wrong sometimes. But I had done really a large amount so even frogging most of it I was able to fix from there and finish the blanket.

I think it came out okay. I'll have to get a photo of it. I will need to wash it first because, well, um. . . I have cats and a dog and had crocheted a lot of it outdoors. Hahaha. . . oh well the hair and dust will come out fine and then I can wrap it up and mail it off to my Mom as a suprise.

I am also starting a new project - a neighbor made the mistake of showing up with 6 skeins of yarn from her storage unit and I asked "Where's MINE?" So I got three skeins. It is that multicolored stuff - I really love that. I am starting a new lap blanket. I'll get a photo of that soon too.

I managed to go to bed pretty early last night and woke up too early because of it - sigh. . . so while I have sleeping angels I'm going to tackle some chores and then hopefully find sometime today to work on photos and the new blanket.

*Frogging a blanket is a term that I learned on Ravelry - it basically boils down to a more politically correct four letter term that begins with f. . .haha . . . and means to rip it out.

No comments: